Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Want some more information about QtWebView in Qt 5.4.2 as a preview version
Iris_419 last edited by
My widgets based application is using Qt 5.4.2 for now, Mac only, I succeed use QtWebView+QQuickView displayed a web page.
My questions are:
- Does QtWebView in Qt 5.4.2 as a preview version rely on QtWebEngine, and can't it work without QtWebEngine?
- If so, under the condition that I use QQuickView to display in a widgets base app, what is used for rendering? Still OpenGL? I read QtWebEngineWidgets use OpenGL for rendering here: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebengine-overview.html#qt-webengine-widgets-module, not sure what is used for my case.
- What are the main differences between QtWebView 5.4.2 preview and QtWebView 5.9?
Thanks for answering very much!
From a quick look at the sources of the module:
- Yes it does and yes for iOS and Android, so in your case for macOS, no.
- In 5.9, the native macOS web view is used rather than QtWebEngine and support for winrt
For number 2, what should your application do ?