QT5 app menu behaving odd on Tiny Core Linux

• I'm running a QT5 application on Tiny Core Linux with XVesa as xserver and Fluxbox as window manager.
    My app is just a simple QMainWindow with menu items and all was generated with QDesinger. When the application is automatically invoked when x starts the menu items behave weird. When I click on a menu that has sub menu items the sub menu items appear but right away disappear. This all happens while mouse is still pressed. BUT if I run my application from a terminal then all works well. I no that when xserver starts it will launch a script via exec() and it is from this script that my app is loaded.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Just a wild idea, are you sure that you don't start your application too early maybe before Fluxbox is fully started ?

• Yes I'm sure and I can recreate the problem later.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

What do you mean by later ?

• Well the TinyCore desktop has a toolbar called wbar that has icons to lunch certain applications.
    You can add your own app to it. I added my test app to it and when I lunch it I get the same problem.
    I found the script that runs these application and it is simply calling exec() BUT if I open a terminal and run my app from there then all is good.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then I'd bring that to the folks handling the Desktop Environment, they will likely be more knowledgeable about that matter.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.