Installing QT Quick Controls 2

• Hello everyone, I'm trying to install the open-source version of Qt Creator 5.91 along with the Qt Quick Controls 2. However, this add-on does not appear as an option during the installation process. Is this only available for the commercial license users?

• Moderators

Hi! I assume you're using the online installer. Quick is not optional / not an add-on. It's automatically included in all installations, not only with a commercial license. Just select "Desktop" (or "Android" or whatever) and the add-ons you need, e.g. "Qt Charts".

• @Wieland Hi, thank you for the response! Yes, I am using the online installer. Is there a difference between Quick Controls and Quick Controls 2 and are both included in the initial installation? Thank you in advance.

• Moderators

Is there a difference between Quick Controls and Quick Controls 2

Yes, QQ 1 was the first iteration, QQ 2 is the new one. They are not the same, QQ 2 was redesigned and implemented from scratch due to certain problems in QQ 1.

are both included in the initial installation

Yes.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.