Regarding QLineEdit , of how to know the focus of lineedit currently

• Hi,

I have implemented MyLineEdit inherting QLineEdit, and implemented focusevent

void MyLineEdit::focusInEvent(QFocusEvent *event)
    {
        QLineEdit::focusInEvent(event);

qDebug () << Q_FUNC_INFO <<  "focus on lineedit :>" << endl;
    }

then i have created two lineedit object to enter text, i have text values from another widget having buttons, so how do i know which lineedit objects is in focus so i will append to text from buttons.?.

Thanks,

• Moderators

@Pradeep-Kumar

1. lineEdit->hasFocus()
    2. QApplication::focusWidget() to get the QWidget which is currently focused

• k,

QLineedit has method hasFocus();

if(m_lineEdit1->hasFocus())
        {
                m_lineEdit1->setText(value);
        }
        else
        {
                m_lineEdit2->setText(value);
        }

link of the image where showing to lineedit, and kayboard having buttons,

https://postimg.org/image/grbqk08wl/

if i have clicked first lineedit, if i enter the buttons, i am getting values to second lineedit.
    but focus is in First lineedit.

How can i resolve?.

Thanks,

• Moderators

@Pradeep-Kumar
    ok, you didn't mention that the sending widget is in another window.
    You then have to use windowWidget->focusWidget()

That's the reason why there is the concept of input contexts. But this is out-of-scope i guess. This is a very complex topic and needs quite some research from your side before starting.
    Also you might want to look into the code of the QtVirtualKeyboard module for that.

• i have established signal slot connection from one widget to another widget,
    but only problem i am finding is, which lineedit is in focus and how to append the button text to the lineedit focused.?

Thanks,

• Moderators

@Pradeep-Kumar As @raven-worx said use windowWidget->focusWidget() to get the widget which has the focus. But check whether it is one of the line edits.
    To append text it is as easy as

lineEdit->setText(lineEdit->text() + "NEW TEXT");

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.