Build Qt 4.8.7 on Windows 10: -platform ?

• Hi everyone !

I am trying to build Qt 4.8.7 on Windows 10

When I run configure, I get the following error: "Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected! Unable to detect the platform from environment. Use -platform command lineargument or set the QMAKESPEC environment variable and run configure again"

I looked on this page to see what should I put as "platform", it seems like Windows 10 isn't supported, is it? If it is, what value should I use as platform ?

Thanks for your help,

• Moderators

Your link does not work. If the informationis the same as in

My guess it is not really update or possibly they are still using the older OS environment for testing to ensure minimum compatibility. I do not see a reason why it should not work on Windows 10.

I am working qith Qt 5.4 and get the information that an untested Windows 10 has been detected. However, everything works fine.

Concerning your problem I am not sure how to handle this.

What is the compiler suite you are using?

• Thanks, I updated the link.

I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013

Indeed I managed to build Qt 5.9 but I need an older version of Qt

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Windows 10 has been released after Qt 4.8.7 which is also the last of the Qt 4 series which has reach EOL. You'll have to tweak it a bit for the auto detection to work otherwise follow the recommandation and tell configure that you want to use the VS2013 mkspec.

• Thank's, I'll try with that

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.