Crash in QMediaPlayer.setPlayer() in debug mode

• Hello,

my application crashes under some circumstances when stopping media playback. I wanted to debug it and found out that I can not get to the point where it happens. If I start the application in debug mode, it crashes at this line:

QString path = "C:/audiofile.mp3"
    QMediaPlayer player;

player.setMedia(QUrl::fromLocalFile(path)); // here it crashes

The crash only happens in debug mode. If I run the application normally, this works. Format of the file I try to play has no impact. But the next crash when stopping playback happens even in release mode. I do believe the second crash is also not in my code but somewhere in Qt libraries. But since I can not trigger it in debug mode I have no idea where and why it happens.

• Sometimes it helps to rebuild all in Debug Mode.

• Unfortunately this didn't help. Could someone please check if it is a common problem or if it happens only on my computer? Thank you.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Then you should add the platform you are working on as well as compiler and Qt version.

• I'm sorry I forgot to mention these important information. I tried Qt versions 5.9 and 5.9.1 with the same result. I'm testing it on Windows 7 with MinGW builds.

I'll try it also on Linux when I get home.

I'd like to mention that if I switch to QtAV as the playback engine, I don't get any crashes.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

QtAV uses ffmpeg as backend which is radically different from QtMultimedia who uses the native multimedia system.

• @SGaist I know this, I just wanted to mention that the problem is very likely in QtMultimedia because with other playback engine it doesn't crash.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.