Issue with testing librairies

• Hello everyone,

After creating a librairy i want to test it in an other console application but as soon as i call a fonction from the librairy the result is an empty console where it is only written press <Entry> to close the window...

I did a small example to test including a librairy and i have no problem doing it.

Where this issue can come from ?

Thank you in advance for any help.

[Moved to General and Desktop ~kshegunov]

• Moderators

@soufsouf How exactly do you test? It is completely unclear from your description! Does the function from the library which you call print anything?

• @jsulm

yes i am printing the result of the fonction called.

I built a library called Util: libUtil.a where you have for example this fonction :
    int StrToInt(const UtilString& aString)
    {
    int num = aString.toInt();

if(aString.indexOf(".") != -1)
    {
        num = RoundToInt(aString.toDouble());

}
    return num;

}

and when i call this function in the main of the test project (in which i included the Library):

UtilString num1ToStr = IntToStr(num1,true,5);
    std::cout << "Le resultat de 'num1ToStr.IntToStr(num1,true)' est: " << num1ToStr.toStdString()<< endl;

i have always the console with nothing on it.

In an other hand i did a small example with a fonction that print hello and increase the value of an int by +1 and it works just fine.

thank you in advance for your time.

• Moderators

@soufsouf Try to add std::flush:

std::cout << "Le resultat de 'num1ToStr.IntToStr(num1,true)' est: " << num1ToStr.toStdString()<< endl << std::flush;

Also can you show your main function where you call the library function?

• in my main :
    #include "Util.h"
    #include <iostream>
    using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {

QCoreApplication a(argc, argv);
     int num1=52;
     UtilString chaine1="toto "; //(UtilString is define in my librairy)
     std::cout << "La chaine creee par chaine1= toto  est:" <<chaine1.toStdString() << endl; //this works just fine 

UtilString num1ToStr;
      num1ToStr = IntToStr(num1,true,5); //when  i call IntToStr() nothing works anymore even the beginning
       std::cout << "Le resultat de 'num1ToStr.IntToStr(num1,true)' est: " << num1ToStr.toStdString()<< endl; 

return a.exec();
    }

• Moderators

@soufsouf said in Issue with testing librairies:

when i call IntToStr() nothing works anymore even the beginning

Can you show content of IntToStr?

• int StrToInt(const UtilString& aString)
    {
    int num = aString.toInt();
    if(aString.indexOf(".") != -1)
    {
    num = RoundToInt(aString.toDouble());
    }
    return num;
    }

• Moderators

@soufsouf IntToStr not StrToInt

• @jsulm sorry

UtilString IntToStr(int aValue, bool signPart,int integerPart)
    {
    UtilString s="";

int intpart=abs(aValue);

if(signPart) s+=((aValue>=0)?"+":"-");

{
        UtilString ss;

if(integerPart>0)
        {
            ss = UtilString("%1").arg(intpart,integerPart);
            ss.replace(' ','0');
        }
        else
        {
            ss = UtilString("%1").arg(intpart);
        }
        s+=ss;
    }

return s;

}

• Moderators

@soufsouf If you comment out everything in IntToStr and just return an empty string, does it work then?

• @jsulm no i already did it (but i did it again) no problem during the compilation but the execution give an empty console without any error message :/

• Moderators

@soufsouf It could be toStdString() from your UtilString, you should check it

• @jsulm if i hide this line: std::cout << "Le resultat de 'num1ToStr.IntToStr(num1,true)' est: " << num1ToStr.toStdString()<< endl; the beginning of the main is not printed in the console because of the IntToStr() call that is why it can't be something related to the printing ! i has been 3 days now that i am dealling with this issue do not know where to search.

• Moderators

@soufsouf Did you try to debug step-by-step? Put a break point at the first line in IntToStr().

• @jsulm I Can not explain why but when you asked me to debug a file in my librairy i changed from release to Debug the compiler of my Library project
    And then it worked !!!!
    Since my main.cpp to test the project is in Debug mode also i thought you have to be in the same mode in both ( Library and Test ) but when both are in release mode it doesn't work.

Whatever thank you for your indications it'a good step.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.