Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Issue with testing librairies

• Hello everyone,

After creating a librairy i want to test it in an other console application but as soon as i call a fonction from the librairy the result is an empty console where it is only written press <Entry> to close the window...

I did a small example to test including a librairy and i have no problem doing it.

Where this issue can come from ?

Thank you in advance for any help.

[Moved to General and Desktop ~kshegunov]

• Qt Champions 2019

@soufsouf How exactly do you test? It is completely unclear from your description! Does the function from the library which you call print anything?

• @jsulm

yes i am printing the result of the fonction called.

I built a library called Util: libUtil.a where you have for example this fonction :
    int StrToInt(const UtilString& aString)
    {
    int num = aString.toInt();

if(aString.indexOf(".") != -1)
    {
        num = RoundToInt(aString.toDouble());

}
    return num;

}

and when i call this function in the main of the test project (in which i included the Library):

UtilString num1ToStr = IntToStr(num1,true,5);
    std::cout << "Le resultat de 'num1ToStr.IntToStr(num1,true)' est: " << num1ToStr.toStdString()<< endl;

i have always the console with nothing on it.

In an other hand i did a small example with a fonction that print hello and increase the value of an int by +1 and it works just fine.

thank you in advance for your time.

• Qt Champions 2019

@soufsouf Try to add std::flush:

std::cout << "Le resultat de 'num1ToStr.IntToStr(num1,true)' est: " << num1ToStr.toStdString()<< endl << std::flush;

Also can you show your main function where you call the library function?

• in my main :
    #include "Util.h"
    #include <iostream>
    using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {

QCoreApplication a(argc, argv);
     int num1=52;
     UtilString chaine1="toto "; //(UtilString is define in my librairy)
     std::cout << "La chaine creee par chaine1= toto  est:" <<chaine1.toStdString() << endl; //this works just fine 

UtilString num1ToStr;
      num1ToStr = IntToStr(num1,true,5); //when  i call IntToStr() nothing works anymore even the beginning
       std::cout << "Le resultat de 'num1ToStr.IntToStr(num1,true)' est: " << num1ToStr.toStdString()<< endl; 

return a.exec();
    }

• Qt Champions 2019

@soufsouf said in Issue with testing librairies:

when i call IntToStr() nothing works anymore even the beginning

Can you show content of IntToStr?

• int StrToInt(const UtilString& aString)
    {
    int num = aString.toInt();
    if(aString.indexOf(".") != -1)
    {
    num = RoundToInt(aString.toDouble());
    }
    return num;
    }

• Qt Champions 2019

@soufsouf IntToStr not StrToInt

• @jsulm sorry

UtilString IntToStr(int aValue, bool signPart,int integerPart)
    {
    UtilString s="";

int intpart=abs(aValue);

if(signPart) s+=((aValue>=0)?"+":"-");

{
        UtilString ss;

if(integerPart>0)
        {
            ss = UtilString("%1").arg(intpart,integerPart);
            ss.replace(' ','0');
        }
        else
        {
            ss = UtilString("%1").arg(intpart);
        }
        s+=ss;
    }

return s;

}

• Qt Champions 2019

@soufsouf If you comment out everything in IntToStr and just return an empty string, does it work then?

• @jsulm no i already did it (but i did it again) no problem during the compilation but the execution give an empty console without any error message :/

• Qt Champions 2019

@soufsouf It could be toStdString() from your UtilString, you should check it

• @jsulm if i hide this line: std::cout << "Le resultat de 'num1ToStr.IntToStr(num1,true)' est: " << num1ToStr.toStdString()<< endl; the beginning of the main is not printed in the console because of the IntToStr() call that is why it can't be something related to the printing ! i has been 3 days now that i am dealling with this issue do not know where to search.

• Qt Champions 2019

@soufsouf Did you try to debug step-by-step? Put a break point at the first line in IntToStr().

• @jsulm I Can not explain why but when you asked me to debug a file in my librairy i changed from release to Debug the compiler of my Library project
    And then it worked !!!!
    Since my main.cpp to test the project is in Debug mode also i thought you have to be in the same mode in both ( Library and Test ) but when both are in release mode it doesn't work.

Whatever thank you for your indications it'a good step.