QMediaPlayer Documentation is wrong, or am I ?

• I was hoping that someone here could check my thinking. As far as I can tell, the Docs for QMediaPlayer appear to have a typo at the first example under details

player = new QMediaPlayer;
    connect(player, SIGNAL(positionChanged(qint64)), this, SLOT(positionChanged(qint64)));
    player->setMedia(QUrl::fromLocalFile("/Users/me/Music/coolsong.mp3")); # <- Here's the error
    player->setVolume(50);
    player->play();

player->setMedia appears to have the following signature: void setMedia(const QMediaContent &media, QIODevice *stream = Q_NULLPTR) while QUrl::fromLocalFile returns a QUrl

I'm new to Qt, so, I don't want to run off half-cocked and report an issue. I'll do so, but am I seeing this right ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Nothing to do with Qt.

See the second constructor of QMediaContent. It takes a QUrl so basically what happens is that you have a QMediaContent automatically created from the QUrl.

See converting constructor for more information.

• @SGaist Thanks, that clears that up for me. I didn't ask about it, to keep the question concise, but now I see how this complicates translating the example into the PyQt5 bindings, which is what I'm working through. So this explains why a c++ application could successfully mimic that example, but a PyQt5 binding application could not. Excellent answer, thanks again for the help.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.