QMAKE_CXX.COMPILER_MACROS is not defined error with QT 5.9

• I have been using 5.8 for VS2015 64-bit on Windows 10 with no problems.

Today I have upgraded to 5.9 using the online installer, and changed the chosen version of QT in the QT VS Tools addon. However when I try and open a .pro file (which was previousy no issue) via the QT VS Tools addon, I get the following message.

--- (Import): Generating new project of libQGLViewer-2.6.4.pro file
    --- (qmake) : Using: C:\QT\5.9\MSVC2015_64\bin\qmake
    --- (qmake) : Working Directory: D:\sdks\x64\libQGLViewer-2.6.4-64bit
    --- (qmake) : Arguments: -tp vc "libQGLViewer-2.6.4.pro" -recursive QMAKE_INCDIR_QT=$(QTDIR)\include QMAKE_LIBDIR=$(QTDIR)\lib QMAKE_MOC=$(QTDIR)\bin\moc.exe QMAKE_QMAKE=$(QTDIR)\bin\qmake.exe

--- (qmake) : Environment variable QMAKESPEC overwriting Qt version QMAKESPEC.
    --- (qmake) : Qt version QMAKESPEC: C:\QT\5.9\MSVC2015_64\mkspecs\win32-msvc
    --- (qmake) : Environment variable QMAKESPEC: c:\Qt\5.9\msvc2015_64\mkspecs\win32-msvc

**[1] - c:/Qt/5.9/msvc2015_64/mkspecs/features/toolchain.prf:129: Variable QMAKE_CXX.COMPILER_MACROS is not defined.
    [2] - Project ERROR: msvc-version.conf loaded but QMAKE_MSC_VER isn't set**

--- (Import): Error(s): 2
    --- (qmake) : Exit Code: 3

I have never had this issue before. The usual environment variables, QMAKESPEC and QTDIR, is setup as required.

Note:- One thing I noticed was when I installed Qt it set the QMAKESPEC to a non-existent directory, C:\QT\5.9\MSVC2015_64\mkspecs\win32-msvc2015, which interesting used to be the default for 5.8. Now all that exists is ...\mkspecs\win32-msvc.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Please don't post in multiple sub forums. One is enough.

Duplicates

Closing this one

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.