Checking for letters pressed when mouse is pressed

• Hi everyone !

I'm developing an application using Qt in C++.

When there is a mouse click, I would like to check if there are letters pressed on the keyboard. So far, I found solutions when the keys pressed are specific ones like Shift, Control .. but not when a letter is pressed.

Do you have any advice for me ?

PS: Sorry if this topic isn't in the right category, I wasn't sure where to post it.

Thank you !

Sandra

• Combine

virtual void	mousePressEvent(QMouseEvent * event)

and

virtual void	keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent * event)

• Moderators

Hi @LancelotPops ,

welcome to the Qt forum.

Did you have a look at queryKeyboardModifiers ?

• Indeed, my application is a QSlicerApplication (I'm developing a module in 3DSlicer) and I'm not sure I can use exactly the same solutions as if I were only working with Qt.

I tried this :

when leftButtonPressEvent :

Qt::KeyboardModifiers modifier = qSlicerApplication::application()->keyboardModifiers();
         if (QApplication::keyboardModifiers().testFlag(Qt::ShiftModifier) == true) {
            std::cout << "shift pressed" << std::endl;
         }

This works very well ... but it only works for specific keys (Control, Shift ..), is there something like that but working for letters pressed ?

• Moderators

Hi,

this topic may be of interest to determine the keys.

Hope it helps,

Eddy

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Can you explain why do you need to know whether a letter is currently pressed ?

A long press on such a key usually triggers the auto-repeat of the system so it might make things a bit more difficult.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.