Problem with MSVC2015 in Qt 5.8 and 5.9

• hi!

I installed Qt 5.8 and 5.9 on Windows 10.
    When I try to compile, I get this error:

jom: C:\build-Cimoda-Desktop_Qt_5_8_0_MSVC2015_64bit-Release\Makefile [release] Error 2
    12:39:42: The process "C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" exited with code 2.
    Error while building/deploying project Cimoda (kit: Desktop Qt 5.8.0 MSVC2015_64bit)
    The kit Desktop Qt 5.8.0 MSVC2015_64bit has configuration issues which might be the root cause for this problem.
    When executing step "Make"

and the same error with Qt 5.9.

• Hi,

did you call this in the right Visual Studio command prompt, like "Visual Studio 2015 x64 Native Tools Command Prompt"?

-Michael.

• @m.sue said in Problem with MSVC2015 in Qt 5.8 and 5.9:

Hi,

did you call this in the right Visual Studio command prompt, like "Visual Studio 2015 x64 Native Tools Command Prompt"?

-Michael.

hi.
    i called this directly from qt creator!

• Moderators

@fermatqt Did you check the Kit you're using as the error message suggests? Do you have any issues there?

• @jsulm said in Problem with MSVC2015 in Qt 5.8 and 5.9:

@fermatqt Did you check the Kit you're using as the error message suggests? Do you have any issues there?

yes i checked, and I have no issues or alert!

• @fermatqt it feels like that log is cut off. The important part being above the Error 2 line. Is there more to it than this?

• I uninstalled all components (visual studio and qt), cleaned, and reinstalled all.
    Now I have no problems.