Crosscompile app using external library

• Hi, I want to crosscompile a Qt app to linux armv8.
    The app uses libusb to communicate with a periferic device and I need qmake use the right library version depending on the cpu architecture.
    I was reading the qmake Variables and Advanced Usage section for anwser and only found how to crosscompile between linux, mac and windows.
    Right now I'm using Ubuntu 16 x86_64, QtCreator 3.5.1 and Qt5.8. I already crosscompile Qt5.8 and libusb with linaro and set QtCreator to use the arm kit.
    Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

@Antonio-Ortiz

You are probably missing something like this in your pro-file:

win32:{
    include (../CompileSettings/BoostLib.inc)
    }
    linux:{
    INCLUDEPATH += . \
        "/home/xxxx/Source/boost_1_52_0"
    }
    linux-*:{
    INCLUDEPATH += . \
        "/home/xxxx/Source/boost_1_52_0"
    }

You find several specifications for setups in mspecs folder of your specofoc Qt setup
    Here an example from windows

c:\Qt\5.6\mingw49_32\mkspecs\linux-arm-gnueabi-g++ 

It shows to the linux-arm-gnueabi-g++, which is a general specs for a cross compiler. For cross compiling your Qt you have used this or a similar. You have to give this name already during your configuration of the cross-compile. The example given above is basically distinguishing between a plain win32, a plain linux and a specific linux-* setup. The specific setup is a cross-compile setup, but I was simply too lazy to type the complete name and used a wildcard for qmake.

As you see I am adding here the include path for the booth libs to the compilation. For you it has to be a specific path for the libraries.

• Sorry for the late reply.
    I was trying with these lines on the pro, but still QtCreator load the x86_64 version of the library

unix
    {
        armv8l
        {
            LIBS += -L$$PWD/../../../../../Aplicaciones/crosscompile/sysroot/usr/opt/libusb/lib/ -lusb-1.0
            INCLUDEPATH += $$PWD/../../../../../Aplicaciones/crosscompile/sysroot/usr/opt/libusb/include
            DEPENDPATH += $$PWD/../../../../../Aplicaciones/crosscompile/sysroot/usr/opt/libusb/include
        }
        armeabi-v8l
        {
            LIBS += -L$$PWD/../../../../../Aplicaciones/crosscompile/sysroot/usr/opt/libusb/lib/ -lusb-1.0
            INCLUDEPATH += $$PWD/../../../../../Aplicaciones/crosscompile/sysroot/usr/opt/libusb/include
            DEPENDPATH += $$PWD/../../../../../Aplicaciones/crosscompile/sysroot/usr/opt/libusb/include
        }
        armveabi-v7a
        {
        }
        gnueabihf
        {
        }
        gnueabihf-v8l
        {
        }
        beagle
        {
        }
        armhf
        {
        }
        x86_64
        {
            LIBS += -L"/usr/local/lib" -lusb-1.0
            INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/libusb-1.0
            DEPENDPATH += /usr/include/libusb-1.0
        }

}

• Thans to your advice @koahnig I could find the solution. I write the g++ version I want to use in the .pro file and QtCreator star loading the right library's version. I put here the final .pro file

linux-beagleboard-g++:{
        LIBS += -L /home/antonio/Aplicaciones/crosscompile/sysroot/usr/opt/libusb/lib/ -lusb-1.0
        INCLUDEPATH += /home/antonio/Aplicaciones/crosscompile/sysroot/usr/opt/libusb/include
        DEPENDPATH += /home/antonio/Aplicaciones/crosscompile/sysroot/usr/opt/libusb/include
    }
    unix:{
        LIBS += -L"/usr/local/lib" -lusb-1.0
        INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/libusb-1.0
        DEPENDPATH += /usr/include/libusb-1.0
    }

• Moderators

@Antonio-Ortiz

I am glad to see that you could solve your problem.

The wildcard option is quite helpful, but also quite dangerous, if you are not very careful.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.