Qt LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)..." VTK

• Hello!

I am new with Qt and VTK.
    I think I installed everything correctly (VTK in Release mode).

I am trying to run the example in VTK/Examples/Cxx/Qt/BorderWidgetQt. I use CMake, then I open the solution in VS2010 and it builds perfectly (release mode).

BUT, when I try to build the exact same project in Qt Creator I have this errors:

borderwidgetqt.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkBorderWidget * __cdecl vtkBorderWidget::New(void)" (_imp?New@vtkBorderWidget@@SAPEAV1@XZ) referenced in function "public: static class vtkSmartPointer<class vtkBorderWidget> __cdecl vtkSmartPointer<class vtkBorderWidget>::New(void)" (?New@?$vtkSmartPointer@VvtkBorderWidget@@@@SA?AV1@XZ)

borderwidgetqt.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: class vtkAlgorithmOutput * __cdecl vtkAlgorithm::GetOutputPort(int)" (_imp?GetOutputPort@vtkAlgorithm@@QEAAPEAVvtkAlgorithmOutput@@H@Z) referenced in function "public: __cdecl BorderWidgetQt::BorderWidgetQt(void)" (??0BorderWidgetQt@@QEAA@XZ)

borderwidgetqt.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkSphereSource * __cdecl vtkSphereSource::New(void)" (_imp?New@vtkSphereSource@@SAPEAV1@XZ) referenced in function "public: static class vtkSmartPointer<class vtkSphereSource> __cdecl vtkSmartPointer<class vtkSphereSource>::New(void)" (?New@?$vtkSmartPointer@VvtkSphereSource@@@@SA?AV1@XZ)

It seems that Qt is having problems in finding the dll?

My .pro file is:

QT += core gui
    greaterThan(QT_MAJOR_VERSION, 4): QT += widgets
    TARGET = BorderWidgetQt
    TEMPLATE = app
    SOURCES += main.cpp
    borderwidgetqt.cpp
    HEADERS += borderwidgetqt.h
    FORMS += borderwidgetqt.ui
    INCLUDEPATH += C:\VTK-7\install\include\vtk-7.0
    LIBS += -L"C:\VTK-7\install\lib"
    -lvtkRenderingCore-7.0
    -lvtkChartsCore-7.0
    -lvtkCommonCore-7.0
    -lvtkFiltersCore-7.0
    -lvtkGUISupportQt-7.0
    -lvtkImagingCore-7.0
    -lvtkInfovisCore-7.0
    -lvtkIOCore-7.0
    -lvtkViewsCore-7.0

How can I fix this?

Please, I am stuck in here and I can't find any solution for that... I already tried build the project in Qt both in release and debug mode but the errors are the same...

Thank you in advance!!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Are you trying to build this example ?

• Hello! Thank you!

Yes that example! Any help?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

I missed something the first time I read your thread. Visual Studio 2010 ? Did you build VTK yourself with that version of VS ?

• Qt Champions 2016

Hi
    To add to @SGaist ,
    In Creator, you also have selected VS2010 as compiler ?

• Hello!

I build VTK myself with VS! I build with Release mode, should I build with Debug mode instead?

How do I select VS as compiler in Qt?

Thank you very much!!

• Moderators

• @jsulm Yes, The VS is selected as the compiler.
    Maybe the problem is the build mode?(release/debug)?

Thank you again

• Lifetime Qt Champion

I might be insisting but do you have everything build with the same version of MSVC ? Same architecture ?

• @SGaist Yes, everthing was build with MSVC same version.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Wouldn't you be missing the vtkWidgets library in your .pro file ?

• @SGaist No.
    Maybe it's because I am building my project in VS 64 bit and Qt only detects VS compiler 32 bit?
    How can I make Qt work with 64 bit?

Thank you!!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You have to install a 64bit build of Qt. You can't mix and match libraries of different architectures.

[Edit: fixed wording... Thanks @jsulm]

• Moderators