Use QFileSystemModel to view "Remote" File system

• I am developing a GUI for special file transfers which shows user file/directory of local machine using QFilesSystemModel and view data within a QTreeView and/or QListView. I want to have same/similar UI where I can show files/folders of remote machine. I will implement my own serialization for the remote file/directory data and then add some rules to distinguish file/direoctory/parent-directolry/size/path etc and using our own IPC mechanism send it over the client machine and then add to my own model (QFileSystemModel) to view data in a QTreeView and/or QListView.. This is simular to what WinSCP and FileZilla (both free open-source applications)... and we cannot use QFTP, we cannot guarantee our remote system supports FTP.

• Moderators

Not sure, is this just a general shout-out? You did not state any actual question ;-)

• Sorry, I am asking if Subclassing QFileSystemModel is the right approach and where to start, what functions do I need to override??
    i.e remoteFileSystemModel::data() remoteFileSystemModel::setData(), remoteFileSystemModel::headerData?? others?? any examples out there??

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

The KIO framework might be of interest in your case.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.