All .h files have a warning for Q_OBJECT

• Hi,
    All my .h files has the following warning for Q_OBJECT (which is underlined by a yellow line):

lexical or Preprocessor Issue Wunknown-pragmas
    13:5: warning: unknown warning group '·Wsuggest-override', ignored qobjectdefs.h:205:5: note: expanded from macro 'Q..OBJECT'
    qobjectdefs.h:189:45: note: expanded from macro 'Q..OBJECT_NO_OVERRJDE_WARNI NG' qcompilerdetectoon.h:1306c49: note: expanded from macro 'QT_WARNI NG_DISABLE_GCC' qcompilerdetectoon.h:1266:49: note: expanded from macro 'QT_OO_PRAGMA'
    :14:25: note: expanded from here

How can I fix this? As it looks signals and slots don't work since I have this warning. Thank you for your help.

• Qt Champions 2016

Hi
    That sounds almost impossible :)

Can you check if a normal default gui project still works?

• Qt Champions 2016

What's the compiler version and OS you're working with?

• @mrjj
    I tried a few examples and I got the same warning.

• @kshegunov
    I'm running Qt 5.8 on Windows 10 with MinGW32bit.

• Qt Champions 2016

ok so it sounds like your
    Qt installation was damaged somehow.

When did it start ?
    Did you upgrade Qt version or how/when did error start to come?

• It started when I added a few components to the installation. I guess I have to teinstall Qt.

• @mrjj

I reinstalled Qt 5.8 several times. The latest is from the online installer. I still have the same error message. I'm running MinGW 32 bit. I tried several examples from Qt, but I keep getting the same error message. Any idea what is going on? Thank you.

• Qt Champions 2016

@gabor53
    Hi
    Is Qt5.8 mingw the only Qt you have installed ?
    There is no other Qt or compiler installed ?

I have never seen this error nor does google so I am bit lost on what it can be.
    Only clue is ClangCodeModel.
    Check is DISABLED at
    Help > About Plugins > C++ > ClangCodeModel

• Moderators

It's a bug: QTCREATORBUG-17518.
    You don't need to disable clang model. To workaround go to Tools->Options->C++->Code Model, press Copy to create a custom config, add -Wno-unknown-pragmas to the config text, apply and restart QtCreator. The warning should go away.

• I had to disable the ClangCodeModel to get rid of the warning. No other methods worked. Thank you for your help.