Can't create/write files in iOS filesystem

• Hi!
    I have found some posts related to this problem, but I couldn't find a solution yet. This is my situation:

QString id = "project_01";
        QString dir = QStandardPaths::standardLocations(QStandardPaths::HomeLocation)[0];
        dir += "/" + id;

if (!QDir(dir).exists()) {
            if (!QDir().mkdir(dir)) {
                qDebug() << "Fatal error: Insufficient premissions to create directory -> " << dir;
                return;
            }
        }

I got this message from console:

Fatal error: Insufficient permissions to create directory ->  "/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/2887FBCE-B1C0-421B-A880-59F97B9W1F8C/project_01"

Trying to fix the problem, I used these other options with no luck:

QString dir = QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::AppDataLocation);
    QString dir = QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::HomeLocation);
    QString dir = QStandardPaths::standardLocations(QStandardPaths::AppDataLocation);

I am using Qt 5.8 and testing with an iPad Air and an iPad 2. Same result. Any suggestion?

PS: I wonder if it isn't necessary to add some +write permission into the Info.plist file of the app. In Android this is required to create files and directories but I have no experience on iOS.

• Solved using this path:

QString dir = QStandardPaths::standardLocations(QStandardPaths::DocumentsLocation)[0];

• Qt Champions 2016

@xtingray I'm also using this location to create/write files:

QStandardPaths::standardLocations(QStandardPaths::AppDataLocation).value(0)

works on Android and iOS

HomeLocation works on Android but not iOS

• Your suggestion worked pretty well in Windows and Android. For some reason, it failed in my iPad 2. Anyway thanks! :)

• Qt Champions 2016

@xtingray just verified:

installed app new on iPad Mini 2, so all my directories will be created new, then data downloaded from REST and stored at AppDataLocation.
    all works well

AllTourse HTTP STATUS:  200  Bytes:  92951
    Data Bytes written:  92951  to Tours file:  "/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/E08AB1F2-C3A6-419E-A413-3A4739B0AFE9/Library/Application Support/ProfSYS/data/profsys/tours/allTours.json"

Qt 5.8 QtQuickControls2 App
    iOS 10.1
    then updated to iOS 10.2.1, deleted app did again

all is working as expected

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.