QtWayland error on Raspberry Pi

• Hello,
    I want to use wayland as my windowing system. Qt Cross compilation went really ok, without no errors (using Qt5.8 downloaded from download.qt.io).

Cross compilation of qwindow-compositor is without any error too. But when I want to run app on my raspberry Pi, wierd error occures:

QtCompositor: Failed to initialize EGL display. There is no EGL_WL_bind_wayland_display extension.

I have tried to log this error via export QT_LOGGING_RULES=qt.qpa.*=true but that doesnt give me any information while the application
    cannot be started:

qt.qpa.egldeviceintegration: EGL device integration plugin keys: ("eglfs_brcm", "eglfs_kms")
    qt.qpa.egldeviceintegration: EGL device integration plugin keys (sorted): ("eglfs_brcm", "eglfs_kms")
    qt.qpa.egldeviceintegration: Trying to load device EGL integration "eglfs_brcm"
    qt.qpa.egldeviceintegration: Using EGL device integration "eglfs_brcm"
    [9;0]Unable to query physical screen size, defaulting to 100 dpi.
    To override, set QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH and QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT (in millimeters).
    qt.qpa.input: libinput: input device 'CHICONY USB Keyboard', /dev/input/event0 is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
    qt.qpa.input: libinput: input device 'CHICONY USB Keyboard', /dev/input/event0 is a keyboard
    qt.qpa.input: libinput: input device 'CHICONY USB Keyboard', /dev/input/event1 is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
    qt.qpa.input: libinput: input device 'CHICONY USB Keyboard', /dev/input/event1 is a keyboard
    qt.qpa.input: Using xkbcommon for key mapping
    QtCompositor: Failed to initialize EGL display. There is no EGL_WL_bind_wayland_display extension.

Can you help me with this error, please?

Using Raspberry Pi 3B with raspbian. Cross compilation was performed with config options:

-opengl
    es2
    -optimized-qmake
    -no-pch
    -make
    libs
    -make
    tools
    -reduce-exports
    -sysroot
    /home/lukas/raspberry/sysroot
    -device
    linux-rasp-pi2-g++
    -device-option
    CROSS_COMPILE=/home/lukas/raspberry/tools/arm-bcm2708/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-raspbian/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-
    -prefix
    /usr/local/rasp
    -opensource
    -nomake
    examples
    -nomake
    tests
    -confirm-license
    -skip
    qtwebengine
    -skip
    qtsensors
    -skip
    qtgamepad
    -skip
    qtmacextras
    -skip
    qtandroidextras
    -prefix
    /usr/local/qt5pi
    -extprefix
    /home/lukas/raspi/qt5pi
    -hostprefix
    /home/lukas/raspi/qt5

• Did you export XDG_RUNTIME?

Try:

mkdir $HOME/.xdg
    export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=$HOME/.xdg
    export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland-brcm
    /home/user/your-app-qt -platform eglfs &

Or:

mkdir $HOME/.xdg
    export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=$HOME/.xdg

wayland-compositor &
    /home/user/your-app-qt -platform wayland

I hope it helps!

Cleiton Bueno

Blog | Linkedin | B2Open

• Thanks for the answer!

I have tried that but the error still occurs. I have already tried to use previous version 5.7 of Qt but the result is not different at all.

• Hi sedlalu2,

the only way I got the raspberry pi (3 in my case) to work with wayland and egl was to use the vc4 driver.
    Additional I hade to cross-compile qt with the mkspec for linux-rasp-pi3-g++ and changed EGLFS_DEVICE_INTEGRATION
    in qmake.conf to eglfs_kms. Then I had to adjust the symlinks for libEGL.so and libGLESv2.so from /opt/vc/lib
    to /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf.

Using vc4 has no notable drawback compared using the eglfs_brcm device integration, but the performance is
    very poor on weston and even worse on the qtwayland compositors.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.