New problems with macdeployqt and codesign with Qt5.6.2

• I have used macdeployqt with -codesign before with Qt 5.6.x with no problems... but starting yesterday, had a new error appear. Seems to be a problem with the signatures on the Qt frameworks. Xcode has been updated to the latest version which may be the problem. The error message is as follows:

ERROR: "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/objdump: '/Users/Shared/Qt5.6.2/5.6/clang_64/bin/SeismicCanvas.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/_CodeSignature/CodeResources': The file was not recognized as a valid object file.\nfatal error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/otool: internal objdump command failed\n"

Any ideas what has changed?

• @gkroeger PS. I reinstalled Qt5.6.2 and that didn't help

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Which version of xCode did you had before ? What is it now ?

• My current version of Xcode is 8.2.1 (latest release). I actually don't know which was the last version that worked for me with macdeployqt... sometime around last November. I was able to use "codesign" from the command line and individually sign all of the frameworks and plugins in the bundle so that the app works. Perhaps I should grab the version of macdeployqt that is being distributed with Qt5.8 and see if that makes a difference?

• I may have an older version of Xcode on one of my machines at the office that I could try out tomorrow.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

I'd first go with the more recent version of macdeployqt.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.