I failed to build Qt

• I want to build Qt for my windows machine but it doesn't work.

I entered from a directory called Qt-5.8.0-build "..\Qt-5.8.0-src\configure.bat -debug-and-release -platform win32-g++ -prefix C:\Qt\Qt-5.8.0- bin-x64

But I got some errors:

C:/Qt/Qt-5.8.0-src/qtbase/tools/configure/environment.cpp: In static member function 'static Compiler Environment::detectCompiler()':
    C:/Qt/Qt-5.8.0-src/qtbase/tools/configure/environment.cpp:144:50: error: 'KEY_WOW64_32KEY' was not declared in this scope
                                                      KEY_WOW64_32KEY).toLower();
                                                      ^
    C:/Qt/Qt-5.8.0-src/qtbase/tools/configure/environment.cpp: In static member function 'static QString Environment::execute(const QString&, int*)':
    C:/Qt/Qt-5.8.0-src/qtbase/tools/configure/environment.cpp:389:60: error: '_popen' was not declared in this scope
         FILE *proc = _popen(command.toLatin1().constData(), "r");
                                                                ^
    C:/Qt/Qt-5.8.0-src/qtbase/tools/configure/environment.cpp:399:29: error: '_pclose' was not declared in this scope
             int r = _pclose(proc);
                                 ^
    <builtin>: recipe for target 'environment.o' failed
    mingw32-make: *** [environment.o] Error 1

What could I do to make it work?

Thanks for help

![alt text](image url)

• Moderators

@Gravak

Did you follow those guidelines?

• Yes, I did

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Which compiler are you using exactly ?

• I'm using the MinGW g++ 5.3.0 compiler

• Lifetime Qt Champion

32 or 64 bit ?

• I'm using 64 bit

• I installed mingw-w64 and now I have the 6.3.0 version. It works now but there are a lot of other problems:

At the end of configure it checks the gold linker and then a window appears with the text: ld.gold.exe doesn't work anymore. My options are "Debug" and "Close program". When I use the second it continues with checking things. Then I type mingw32-make -j4 and then: it compiles but suddenly there are a lot of problems. The entry point "_ZdaPvy" was not found in the DLL ...\rcc.exe. It appears more than one time. After this there are ptoblems like "waiting for unfinished jobs" and then compiling was aborted

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Take a look at this thread.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.