qtcreator-4.2.1 failed to launch on centos 6.8

• Hello I've just installed qtcreator-4.2.1 on centos 6.8

it failed to launch

./qtcreator: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./qtcreator) ./qtcreator: /lib64/libc.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/centos/qtcreator-4.2.1/bin/../lib/qtcreator/libExtensionSystem.so.4)
    ./qtcreator: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/centos/qtcreator-4.2.1/bin/../lib/qtcreator/libAggregation.so.4) ./qtcreator: /lib64/libc.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/centos/qtcreator-4.2.1/bin/../lib/qtcreator/libUtils.so.4)
    ./qtcreator: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/centos/qtcreator-4.2.1/bin/../lib/Qt/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5) ./qtcreator: /lib64/libc.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/centos/qtcreator-4.2.1/bin/../lib/Qt/lib/libQt5Gui.so.5)
    ./qtcreator: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/centos/qtcreator-4.2.1/bin/../lib/Qt/lib/libQt5Concurrent.so.5) ./qtcreator: /lib64/libc.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/centos/qtcreator-4.2.1/bin/../lib/Qt/lib/libQt5Network.so.5)
    ./qtcreator: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/centos/qtcreator-4.2.1/bin/../lib/Qt/lib/libQt5Core.so.5) ./qtcreator: /lib64/libc.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/centos/qtcreator-4.2.1/bin/../lib/qtcreator/../Qt/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5)

the 4.2.0 can work perfectly on centos 6.8

please fix it, many thanks!

• Moderators

@12398890

Do you have the correct version of GLIBC installed?
    It is specifically asking for version GLIBC_2.14. I am not expert on linux, but as far as I remember you install different versions for different libs.
    In case this is really a bug and needs a fix, this is definitely the wrong place to post a bug report. The forum posts will not be monitored for eventual bug reports. The right place for a bug report would be JIRA.

• Moderators

@12398890 I don't think CentOS 6.8 will ever become a newer GLibC version - this library is one of the core libs which usually are not updated in the lifecycle of a Linux distribution (only bug fixes). Can't you updgrade to a newer CentOS version?
    An alternative would be to try to build QtCreator by yourself.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.