Debugger issue on CentOS.

• Please give me advice about debugging on CentOS6.8.

When I tried debugging by Qt Creator but debugger didn't work correctly as following conditions.
    I set breakpoints, but debugger was terminated without stopping at breakpoint.

Qt5.6.1 Qt Creator4.0.3

GDB7.12
    Python2.7

Thanks.
    KOta

• Qt Champions 2016

Did the program run correctly?
    What's the linux kernel version for that distro?

• @kshegunov said in Debugger issue on CentOS.:

Did the program run correctly?
    What's the linux kernel version for that distro?

It is OK about program running mode, that's problem is only debug mode.
    Kernel: 2.6.32-642.13.1.el6.x86_64
    CentOS6.8 64bit

Thank you.
    KOta

• Moderators

@AlfaromeoCorse Does GDB work? Did you try to start it manually and debug a program?

• @jsulm said in Debugger issue on CentOS.:

@AlfaromeoCorse Does GDB work? Did you try to start it manually and debug a program?

Please teach me how to start it manually..
    I made new Kit and change debugger setting.

• Moderators

@AlfaromeoCorse enter gdb in a terminal window
    enter: file PATH_TO_EXECUTABLE
    then enter: run

• @jsulm
    I tried it. Following result means GDB doesn't work?

(gdb) run
    Starting program: /home/admin/デスクトップ/BLU_Client/build-BluClient-unknown-Debug/BluClient
    Python Exception <type 'exceptions.NameError'> Installation error: gdb.execute_unwinders function is missing:
    [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
    Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
    Python Exception <type 'exceptions.NameError'> Installation error: gdb.execute_unwinders function is missing:
    [New Thread 0x7fffecd37700 (LWP 9942)]

• Moderators

@AlfaromeoCorse If it does not terminate/crash then it should be OK, but not sure about those Python exception though.

• @jsulm Thank you for your kindness! I uninstall gdb once, and reinstall. This issue was solved.
    Best regards,
    KOta

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.