Qt creator errors highlights

• Not even sure how to name it. It happened after updates 1 month ago about.
    Now Qt Creator IDE marks things like

#include <memory>

as "Error, file not found". Completion works bad too.

So question is what and where to fix ? I work on the same project more than a year, everything is git versioned, but system update did that (arch-linux).

Compiler works ok, so it's only IDE problem.

• Is your project makefile based? Or do you use a pro file?

• pro/pri files

Also I started some new project since that (pro/pri) and it has same issue - all system includes not found.

P.S. Forum forces me to delay in posts as new user for 300s :(

• Qt Champions 2016

@alexzk said in Qt creator errors highlights:

P.S. Forum forces me to delay in posts as new user for 300s :(

Yes its for spam protection. :)

• Unexpected.
    Today my patience went off with KDE-5 (because it starts to swap something when I play MMOs - guess some leaks), I completely wiped it and installed lxqt.
    Now that subj bug with highlights went away. It is just working as expected. Also "ClangCodeModel" plugin works as expected.

Conclusion - KDE5 is trash.

• Moderators

@alexzk To be honest: I have no idea how KDE is related to QtCreator issues. It was most probably something else.

• Possibly, i deleted all configs of kde. Actually I deleted all configs prior 2015 as well I had there (but I kept something named QtProject). Cleared 3-4 gigs.
    But bug happened when I updated from kde4/5 running mix to full kde5 because some tray applets were broken. After this creator went wrong. Now, when kde removed, it's ok again.

• @alexzk said in Qt creator errors highlights:

KDE5 is trash.

Probably you chose the wrong place to flame at KDE, btw it looks like the update installed a new version of gcc and Qt Creator did not find the includes in the old place. Probably just a change in the environment of the kit would have been enough to fix the problem

• @VRonin No, Gcc was working ok, everything was ok (even CLion) except qt-creator gui.

Any way, problem is fixed by removing KDE. Can close thread.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.