Using Firebase C++ SDK 2.0

• Has anyone had any luck using AdMob or Analytics through the Firebase C++ SDK?

I'm currently struggling with this error message from gradle:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
    Build file '/tmp/qtbuilds/MyApp/build-MyApp-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_6_1-Release/android-build/build.gradle' line: 75

* What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating root project 'android-build'.
    > Could not find property 'libadmob' on org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.dependencies.DefaultDependencyHandler_Decorated@1756f7cc.

* Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

And I've set everything up according to the instructions. So I'm trying to link a libadmob.a with gradle - but I can't get it to work

• Quick update

I've now got it compiling on Android - but are struggling to wrap their async (e.g. Future and FutureBase classes)

• Hi Larpon,
    we didn't use the Firebase C++ SDK as it is still limited compared to what the native iOS & Android SDKs offer.
    You can use our AdMob plugin for iOS & Android for free, here's the documentation how to add it to your Qt project and how to use it:
    https://v-play.net/doc/plugin-admob/

Today we released a new update for the plugin so it now also supports rewarded video ads and native ads from AdMob. If you're interested, here is the announcement:
    https://v-play.net/updates/release-2-13-0-free-rewarded-videos-native-ads-for-google-admob-qt

Cheers, Chris

• @feldifux said in Using Firebase C++ SDK 2.0:

You can use our AdMob plugin for iOS & Android for free, here's the documentation how to add it to your Qt project and how to use it:

What you mean by "free"? On your pricing page I see different info. And what you suggest for crash reporting?

• @tr1cks As you can see on the pricing page, the AdMob plugin (and also the Chartboost Ad plugin and the in-app purchase plugin) is available in the Free Personal Felgo license.
    For crash reporting we provide the HockeyApp plugin.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.