OpenCV libraries with Qt

• I am having problems deploying the openCV functions in QT. I think i am using the correct path because the libraries are being recognized in the .cpp file like
    #include <opencv2/opencv.hpp>
    #include <opencv2/core/core.hpp>
    #include <opencv2/highgui/highgui.hpp>
    #include <opencv2/imgproc/imgproc.hpp>
    using namespace cv;

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
    QMainWindow(parent),
    ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    {
    ui->setupUi(this);

cv::Mat inputimage = cv::imread("canada.png");
        cv::imshow("display image", inputimage);

}

with no errors but when I compile and run my code it gives me a bunch of unresolved external issues. Here is my .pro file.

INCLUDEPATH += C:/Users/admin/Desktop/opencv/opencv/build/include

LIBS += -L/Users/admin/Desktop/opencv/opencv/build/x64/vc12/lb/
    -lopencv_core
    -lopencv_highgui
    -lopencv_imgproc

I feel like my path is correct but not the libraries. I am not sure how to approach it from here.

• Make sure that LIBS path is correct because I'm sure this one is wrong (You're on Windows and path is *nix)

LIBS += -L/Users/admin/Desktop/opencv/opencv/build/x64/vc12/lb/

instead use something like this:

LIBS += -LC:/Users/admin/Desktop/opencv/opencv/build/x64/vc12/lb/ -l ....

• I did that originally but yet still no change. My QT is recognizing the functions of openCV so I believe my path is correct but the libraries are not transferring for some reason and giving me unresolved internal issues (which basically means I messed up with my libraries.)

• As I did wrote, Your path is incorrect and -l ... was left for You to fill in.

Indeed linker will fail due to unresolved symbols (as i.e. "opencv2/core/core.hpp" etc. are not compiled into application and linker expect to find them in libs).

To do so in project file add this:

win32 {
        INCLUDEPATH += C:/Users/[username]/Desktop/opencv/build/include
        LIBS += -LC:/Users/[username]/Desktop/opencv/build/x64/vc12/lib/

CONFIG(debug, debug|release) {
            LIBS += -lopencv_core2413d -lopencv_highgui2413d -lopencv_imgproc2413d
        }else{
            LIBS += -lopencv_core2413 -lopencv_highgui2413 -lopencv_imgproc2413
        }
    }

As You can see there are two section, debug and release, and due to issue with cv::imread debug libs can't be used in release and vice versa.

Main can be like:

//#include <opencv2/opencv.hpp>
    #include <opencv2/core/core.hpp>
    #include <opencv2/highgui/highgui.hpp>
    //#include <opencv2/imgproc/imgproc.hpp>

using namespace cv;

#include <QDebug>

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
        QMainWindow(parent),
        ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    {
        ui->setupUi(this);

const QString imgpath = qApp->applicationDirPath() + "/canada.png";
        Mat inputimage = imread( imgpath.toStdString());

if (!inputimage.data) {
            qDebug() << "Error: image data is empty.";
        } else {
            imshow("display image", inputimage);
        }
    }

In .exe location place PNG file, and copy appropriate libs there so app will find them.

• I changed the .pro file to the one you had shown, but it does not run if I have the declarations inside the win32 loop, I also tried win64 but it would never enter the loop. Although if I removed the loop and did

INCLUDEPATH += /Users/admin/Desktop/opencv/opencv/build/include

LIBS += -LC:/Users/admin/Desktop/opencv/opencv/build/x64/vc12/lib/

CONFIG(debug, debug|release) {
    LIBS += -lopencv_core2413d -lopencv_highgui2413d -lopencv_imgproc2413d
    }else{
    LIBS += -lopencv_core2413 -lopencv_highgui2413 -lopencv_imgproc2413
    }

which fixed my unresolved internal issues. It now compiles and runs but it crashes instantly when finished compiling.

Starting C:\Users\admin\Documents\build-yoyo-Desktop_Qt_5_7_0_MSVC2015_64bit-Debug\debug\yoyo.exe...
    The program has unexpectedly finished.
    C:\Users\admin\Documents\build-yoyo-Desktop_Qt_5_7_0_MSVC2015_64bit-Debug\debug\yoyo.exe crashed.

Now the problem is with the program crashing. I am using Desktop Qt 5.7.0MSVC2015_64bit kit.

• It crashes because You're missing binaries (like in .dll binaries).
    Either:

1. add into LIBS+=-L/path/to/lib/bin
    2. copy appropriate libs to executable location

• This is my location to the bin:

LIBS += -LC:/Users/admin/Desktop/opencv/opencv/build/x64/vc12/bin/

which includes all the .dll files, but still same issue. I also copied and pasted all the .dill files from the bin folder and placed them inside my .exe location. Still no difference.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

You should use a tool like Dependency Walker to check whether you have anything else missing from OpenCV.

• @SGaist @LuGRU I think my problem may be that the .dll files are compiled for VisualStudio not GCC compiler. I am using the MSVC_2015_64bit Kit but someone suggested I should use minGW_32bit instead. But the problem is that my entire project is compiled with MSVC_2015_64bit and would like to keep it that way. Im sure there must be some .dlll files that are compiled for MSVC, rather than just the GCC compiler.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

There's only one option: build everything with the same compiler. You can't mix and match stuff built with different compilers even from different version of VS.

• @SGaist Yes that makes sense but if I download the newest openCV 3.2 (http://opencv.org/) are these .dll files compatible with MSVC? Because every time I run my program with MSCV2015_64bit kit then it compiles and runs but then crashes which means I cannot find the proper .dll files but I am correct labeling my pathway to them. I even transferred the necessary .dll files in my .exe folder of my project.

But if compile my project with minGW kit then it has linker issues.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Check with Dependency Walker that you have all required dependencies.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.