Qt Script: Determine widget objectName in a slot function/__qt_sender__

• Hello,

this is my first question here. I'm just starting with Qt, in more detail with Qt Script inside an app. So pls. be patient!

In a script slot function is there a way to determine the objectName of the widget which triggered the event? And how can I use __qt_sender__?

Many thanks and greetings
    cutefoxy

• Qt Champions 2016

Isn't Qt Script deprecated? If it is (which I believe is correct), I strongly advise you not to start with it in the first place.

• @kshegunov

"Deprecated" doesn't mean it's not used in already existing apps (as in my case). And "deprecated" doesn't mean it can be used in current projects.

Many thanks and greetings
    cutefoxy

• Qt Champions 2016

@cutefoxy said in Qt Script: Determine widget objectName in a slot function/__qt_sender__:

"Deprecated" doesn't mean it's not used in already existing apps (as in my case). And "deprecated" doesn't mean it can be used in current projects.

Of course, I meant that as it being deprecated you're discouraged from using it for new development. And it will (in all probability) be removed in Qt 6, so that's also a thing to bear in mind. That's why it'd seemed as quite the unusual choice for someone "just starting with Qt".

Kind regards.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.