CustomContextMenuRequested not sending signal with QTreeWidget

• Hi guys,

I'm try to create a system where in a QTreeWidget, each item has its own right click menu. I know how to go about making the custom menus for each item however what i am struggling with is catching the signal which will run my function to create/update the right-click menus accordingly

Here is my code:

Header file
    ============
    private slots:
    void WorldItemMenu(const QPoint &point);

CPP file
    =============
    (in the constructor)
    //World Panel
        ui->TW_World->setContextMenuPolicy(Qt::ActionsContextMenu);
        connect(ui->TW_World, SIGNAL(customContextMenuRequested(const QPoint &)), this, SLOT(InterfaceWorldMenu(const QPoint &)));

//Update the RightClick Menu
    void ZoneEditor::WorldItemMenu(const QPoint &point)
    {
       // QModelIndex index = ui->TW_World->indexAt(point);
        qDebug() << "wassup dude";
    }

What should be happening is whenever i rightclick an item, the console output should say "wassup dude" however there is no output. Instead i get this

"QObject::connect: No such slot ZoneEditor::InterfaceWorldMenu(const QPoint &)"

Which has what has got be stumped because i made InterfaceWorldMenu a slot so how can it not find it?

Thanks!

• Your slot in the connect is InterfaceWorldMenu(const QPoint &)) but the slot you defined is InterfaceWorldMenu(const QPoint &))
    so the slot in connect should have been WorldItemMenu(const QPoint &point)

• wow okay now i feel like an idiot. Having said that i've fixed that, and yet the signal is still not going through. If i right click there is no "wassup dude" output.

• show me your code?

• Moderators

@Cysis145 In such situations you should check what connect(...) returns:

qDebug() << connect(ui->TW_World, SIGNAL(customContextMenuRequested(const QPoint &)), this, SLOT(InterfaceWorldMenu(const QPoint &)));

If it returns false then the connection failed. And if the connection fails you actually should see a warning at runtime.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.