QGamePad fail on QT5.7 OSX

• Hello,

I try do run QGamePad simple example for official 5.7 package, but get :

21:12:38.857 [D] QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/Users/thierry/Qt5.7.0/5.7/clang_64/plugins/gamepads" ... (plugin/qfactoryloader.cpp:106, void QFactoryLoader::update())
    21:12:38.857 [D] QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/Users/thierry/Dev/QuarkEmu/bin/QuarkEmuDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/gamepads" ... (plugin/qfactoryloader.cpp:106, void QFactoryLoader::update())
    21:12:38.857 [D] Available backends: () (qgamepadmanager.cpp:78, void QGamepadManager::loadBackend())
    21:12:38.857 [D] Using dummy backend (qgamepadmanager.cpp:93, void QGamepadManager::loadBackend()) 

in dir clang_64/plugins not gamepad dir is present. Does I should recompile SDL2 backend myself ?

Could you help please ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

From a quick look at the code base, yes, you likely have to build the SDL plugin.

• Thanks for to quick answer. I never do that before for plugin. I open 5.7/Src/qtgamepad/src/plugins/gamepad/sdl2/sdl2.pro with qtcreator and try to compile but get error:

/Users/thierry/Qt5.7.0/5.7/clang_64/mkspecs/features/qt_plugin.prf:51: Cannot write file /mkspecs/modules-inst/qt_plugin_sdl2gamepad.pri: Cannot create parent directory
    Project ERROR: Aborting.
    15:12:25: Le processus "/Users/thierry/Qt5.7.0/5.7/clang_64/bin/qmake" s'est terminé avec le code 3.
    Erreur lors de la compilation/déploiement du projet sdl2 (kit : Desktop Qt 5.7.0 clang 64bit)

so I suppose I should use qmake, which params ?

Could you please help again ?

• Ok I succeed to compile SDL2 framework on OSX + succeed to compile plugin for Qt and install them, but Simple QGamePad exemple fail to found gamepad again ...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Did you instal the plugin ?

You can set the QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS environment variable to one to see what is happening with the plugin.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.