Is there a QML API available for QCanBus?

• I need to implement a service in my application to handle CAN bus communication. QCanBus seems perfect for what I need to do, and I found a really good sample app showcasing how it can be used. It works great on Linux.

What I do not fully grasp yet is what is the best way to integrate that service into my existing QML application. I look at a few documentation on how to integrate C++ with QML but not sure if that is the right way to do it. I am wondering if there is a QML API for QCanBus available that I may have looked over, or if not, I would appreciate any pointers about how to implement this service and integrate it into my existing QML app.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

From the looks of it, there's currently no QML API for QCanBus.

Depending on what you want to do with it, you could write a QObject wrapper in order to encapsulate the functions you need and call QCanBus from there.

Hope it helps.

• What I want to do is relatively simple (I hope). I need to initialize a CAN bus connection, read messages, send messages and handle errors.
    I will try to write a simple QML wrapper and see how it goes. Thanks!

• administrators

Hi @Aras
    I would maybe post to the interest mailing ( http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/interest ) list and ask around.
    With the Qt Automotive work happening, there might be someone else also thinking of CanBus and QML.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.