QWebview and omxplayer on RasPi

• Hi,

I'm a newbie for the QT programming and RasPi. I'm in the process writing a application for the Raspi where it's get the html webpage from a link and the webpage has a video. The raspi has omxplayer and I can view video using omxplayer separately using a script. I managed to use some of the examples and QT documentation to load the html webpage.

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
        QApplication a(argc, argv, QApplication::GuiServer);

QWebView *view = new QWebView();
        view->setGeometry(0,0,960,720);
        view->setZoomFactor(1.5);
        view->setWindowState(Qt::WindowFullScreen);
        view->setStyleSheet("backgroud:transparent");
        view->setAttribute(Qt::WA_TranslucentBackground);
        view->page()->mainFrame()->setScrollBarPolicy( Qt::Vertical, Qt::ScrollBarAlwaysOff );
        view->page()->mainFrame()->setScrollBarPolicy( Qt::Horizontal, Qt::ScrollBarAlwaysOff );
        a.setOverrideCursor(Qt::BlankCursor);

view->show();

DownloadManager manager(view); //This is the class is a thread and start the omxplayer scripts. 
        manager.start();

a.exec();

qDebug() << "Terminating the DownloadManager";
        manager.exit();
        manager.wait();

qDebug() <<"QThread is shutdown....";

return 0;
    }

The Html webpage has an embedded video, and the embedded video will stream video using the omxplayer. I was hoping the omxplayer will run under my QT application but I'm having a issue, when the omxplayer is running, it always run on top of my QT application.

Is there any where I can run my QT application on top of the layer on my screen? or is there any solution so that i can embeded the video on the html page using the omxplayer?

I'm using QT 4.8 at this moment, but i can move to 5.5 if required.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
    jenny

• I moved to QT 5.5 and it works prefectly when i have another process triggered the oxmplayer which it is running underneath of my applicatioin.

thanks.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.