where is "/data/data/<app>" directory?

• Hi,

An app I am developing has to create a file. I am using QFileDialog::getSaveFileName() to define the directory, and it suggests "/data/data/org.qtproject.example.my_app/files/". Does anyone know where this directory is really located in the Android file system?

Thanks!

• Hi,

This path seems to be more a generic value then a real directory. IMHO (on android) the user shouldnt select the directory to write to. Maybe its better to use:

QString pathToDir = QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::AppDataLocation);

and append the file name.

• @Qojote said:

QString pathToDir = QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::AppDataLocation);

Thanks for your answer!

I did not intend to let the user choose the directory, but as I was having trouble in defining the path, specially because did not know QStandardsPath (!!), I was trying other ways to set it.

Indeed, the statement you wrote is just what I needed. Thanks a lot!

Now I can eliminate the cause of "file not found" for why the audio file recorded by the user is not being played back.

Thanks!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.