QScxml : Support for Scxml

• Hello,

I used Scxml for implementing the state machine. The simple use case, works fine. But I have situation where, I need to group all the common sub state under one category and need to invoked different main states.

Example scenario is,
    I have to detect the images of my face and detect them for different passengers in a vehicle.
    Assume, I have to detect Eye, Nose, Mouth for a driver and co-driver. I have to design a state machine such that,
    Driver and Co-Driver becomes the main state and Eye, Nose, Mouth are sub states and repeats for the Driver and Co-Driver.

Here, Driver and co-Driver tries to initialise to faceSubstate. I want to achieve this kind of situation.

<state id="driver">
    <initial>
    <transition target="faceSubStates"/>
    </initial>
    <onentry>
    <send type="qt:signal" event="enteredDriver"/>
    <transition event="nextClicked" target="coDriver"/>
    </onentry>
    </state>
    <state id="coDriver">
    <initial>
    <transition target="faceSubStates"/>
    </initial>
    <onentry>
    <send type="qt:signal" event="enteredDriver"/>
    <transition event="nextClicked" target="coDriver"/>
    </onentry>
    </state>

<state id="faceSubStates" initial="eye">
    <state id="eye">
    <onentry>
    <send type="qt:signal" event="enteredEye"/>
    </onentry>
    <transition event="nextClicked" target="Nose"/>
    </state>
    <state id="nose">
    <onentry>
    <send type="qt:signal" event="entereNose"/>
    </onentry>
    </state>
    </state>

Problem Observed:
    If we implement this kind of situation, the substates are not identified and QScxml is not able to move to sub states from the Main state.
    (P.S : The above scxml is not complete. This is just given for reference. Main point I want to high light is ->) How to initialise with
    the "Main States" with the repetitive sub states which are grouped under one tag.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

The QtSCXML module being currently a technical preview, you should bring your questions to the interest mailing list. You'll find there QtSCXML's developers/maintainers. This forum is more user oriented and there's likely less people having already used that module here.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.