Where does QtCreator 4 store project build settings for Imported Projects on Windows?

• In QtCreator Help they say that project settings are stored in .pro and .pro.user, but I don't see those files in my project folder. Still, the project settings are persisted correctly and stay there between QtCreator restarts. I have looked into .config, .files, .includes and also ran a text search for some build-specific strings I'm using in entire project folder and also in the QtCreator installation folder, but nothing could be found.

Maybe the reason is that I have used Import Existing Project with my own sources and Makefile, and for these projects QtCreator stores build settings elsewhere, not in .pro files.

Where are project build settings stored? I would like to share them with my team because they have similar system setup.

• @midix
    Hi,
    C:/Users/<USER>/AppData/Roaming/QtProject in Win7

• I found lots of files in
    C:/Users/<USER>/AppData/Roaming/QtProject

but none of them seem to contain the values I entered into my Build Settings (except QtCReator.ini which contains some command .History entries).

• Moderators

@midix What about PROJECT_NAME.creator.user? I just tried and got this file where I can see build settings.

• @jsulm Thank you, yes, that was it. Strange, that I could not find it sooner. I got misled by Help and Google, which always led me to .pro and .pro.user files.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.