Windows 7 - QtCreator 3.6.1 / Qt Widgets Application issue

• Hi, I created a simple Qt Widgets application from QtCreator and it compiles fine, but when I go to run it from within QtCreaor I get the dreaded "The application failed to start because it could not find or load the platform plugin "windows"" error. Anyway to fix this? I have my Qt Paths and C++ paths set correctly.

I'd hate to have to copy the platform files every time I go to debug or run from within QtCreator.

I tried putting the Qt platforms folder in my path variable but that did not work. There is a qt.conf file in my QtCreator bin folder that points to the proper plugins folder, so I am not sure what else I can do.
    I guess I might have to copy the platforms folder, but I was hoping for a better solution.

Thanks
    Chris

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Something is not clear here. Do you get that when starting your application from inside Qt Creator ?

Which version of Qt are you using ?

• @SGaist

Yes, I get that when I start my application from QtCreator. I am using Qt 5.5.1

• Hi, just checking, you're running Qt Creator 3.6.1 with Qt 5.5.1? I thought you had to upgrade to Qt 5.6 to get Qt Creator 3.6.1.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.