Key pressed in QWidget::mousePressedEvent()

• Is there any way that let me know if the spacebar is being pressed inside QWidget::mousePressEvent() / QWidget::mouseMoveEvent() ?

• @M-Wong
    You may try this

void Widget::mousePressEvent(QMouseEvent *e)
    {
            if(e->button()==Qt::Key_Space) {
             e->accept();
        }
    }

• @Ratzz

Thanks for your reply.
    However I don't think your code will tell whether the SpaceBar is being pressed or not inside the mousePressEvent()...

Anyway, I now use Win32 API -- GetKeyState() / GetAsyncKeyState() to solve the problem.

• Qt Champions 2016

@M-Wong

Is there any way that let me know if the spacebar is being pressed inside QWidget::mousePressEvent() / QWidget::mouseMoveEvent() ?

Not to my knowledge, no. But you can intercept the key-press event as well as the mouse event and set a state internally that the spacebar is pressed.

Anyway, I now use Win32 API -- GetKeyState() / GetAsyncKeyState() to solve the problem.

That's possible, but the implications would be you code will be working only(!) on windows and you would require the windows SDKs to build it.

Kind regards.

• @kshegunov said:

Not to my knowledge, no. But you can intercept the key-press event as well as the mouse event and set a state internally that the spacebar is pressed.

Good Advice. I may try it... But I should stop programming now and get back to my real hobby -- 3DCG. ( Programming isn't even my hobby, I just need some app that's tailor-made for myself.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.