Qt Creator and Easier Embedded Development ?

• Hello.

Does anyone know, if Qt team is planing to have easier to use embedded development tools? What I mean, we have tons of very popular platforms, like: Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone, Sparkfun, etc...

But yet, we have no integration of any of those into Qt Creator. I managed to write code -> make -> upload some code to Arduino, but it took a lot of hacking, and yet, code auto-completion barley works as it all is just so hackish and not very productive.

I wonder, if Qt Team is planing to have a nice integration for all those platforms, so we can just create a new project, choose the board and start coding, with full code auto-completion. It would make Qt an ultimate platform. Visual Studio has all those features.

Regards.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Qt Creator already provides support for Bare Metal. Is it what you have in mind ?

As for Raspberry Pi, BeagleBoneBlack and such, you usually cross-compile Qt for these boards and then connect to them using ssh through Qt Creator.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.