Qt Creator: application output in a separate window, instead of the output pane?

• When using Qt Creator, I'd like to be able to have my application's output appear in a separate window form the main Qt Creator window, instead of the "Application Output" pane that is always anchored to the bottom of the main window. This will help me better utilize all of my available screen real estate. Is there any way to do this?

In case there are platform specific solutions, I'm running OS X. However if there's a cross-platform solution that would be great too.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What about the "Run in Terminal" option in the Project panel under Run ?

• @SGaist It's a bit inconvenient because it causes a new terminal window to open every time. I'd prefer to have just one window that all of my app's output goes to so I can place it in a specific spot.

I see that, behind the scenes, Qt Creator is calling a bash script that executes some AppleScript to get the terminal window to open. I may try tinkering with it to see if I can get it to behave how I want, but it'd be much more convenient if Qt Creator allowed breaking off the Application Output (and the issues section now that I think about it) into its own floating window so that I can make full use of the vertical real estate of my screen.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.