NVidia Jetson TX1 and GStreamer Hardware decoding

• Hello,

I have problem with GStreamer Video Decoding using Qt. I'm using Video object in QML, video file is loaded but it change frames only once few seconds (it's not watchable). When I use gst-launch directly everything is ok (really good performance). I use gst-launch with this pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=<filename.mp4> ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_0 ! queue ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! nveglglessink -e 

I think that problem could be in QtMultimedia Video sink choose. I heard that Qt use its sink qtvideosink, unfortunately I have problems with sinks other than nveglglessink. Is there any option to use hardware decode on NVidia Jetson TX1?

• Have you tried use this envs: QT_GSTREAMER_WIDGET_VIDEOSINK, QT_GSTREAMER_WINDOW_VIDEOSINK?

PS: I'm too faced with some problems with the GStreamer && Qt on Tegra Jetson TK1 (not TX1), and on Raspberry...
    PS2: I think, in this case it is simple to use mplayer or libvlc to render a video in QWidget... I think...
    PS3: Unfortunately, the Qt Multimedia module has bad support and it isn't adjustable, IMHO..

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

One alternative could be to use the QtGStreamer module from the GStreamer folks.

Hope it helps

• I am also facing the same problem..
    Have you found any solution for TX1?

How to display GStreamer pipeline video output to QML videosurface.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.