QQuickFramebufferObject eats CPU and battery as a horse

• I'm trying to implement a OpenGL item in QML using QQuickFramebufferObject . I noticed that QQuickFramebufferObject eats CPU like a horse even if render function is not implemented. The CPU core usage is always 100% and in addition to that it eats battery very fast. If there are 3-4 such items, the programm begins to lag ( Windows 7 Core i7). The same problem is in the Scene Graph - Rendering FBOs example. How can I take updating under control?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

You should also add which version of Qt your are using.

• Kubuntu 14 Qt5.5; Windows 7 Qt5.3.1 & Qt5.4 (tested on 2 PC's) ), Android 4.2.1. One core is always 100% (even in idle state), but when I disable FB item, the usage is 0%

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Then you should consider upgrading to 5.6 IIRC, there was some work done on the performance side.

• Unfortunately 5.6 has the same bug. In addition to that it spams this message: "libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile" and sometimes crashes with: "QQmlEngine: Illegal attempt to connect to QQmlDMAbstractItemModelData(0x332dc7b8) that is in a different thread than the QML engine QQmlEngine(0x198f870.", this happens in a single-threaded application.

Well, seems QML is just not for portable devices.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

The libpng warning comes from libpng, nothing Qt can do about it.

The QML engine crash is unrelated to libpng warning.

Can you reproduce this crash with a simple app ?

What do you mean by portable devices ? QML applications run on the RPi, BeagleBoneBlack, i.MX boards or iOS and android based phone.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.