Qt Creator hangs at startup

• I'm trying to install gpl (community version) on a Windows 10 Pro computer (64 bit). The computer is a new build. I downloaded qt-unified-windows-x86-2.0.3-online.exe (Open source version) and installed it. The installation completed without error. However, when I try to start Qt Creator (Community) an initial window appears that is just a blank (white) window and it just hangs with a "Not Responding" message at the top. No matter how long I wait, it never starts.

I've done a complete uninstall using Revo Uninstaller and reinstalled but get the same thing.
    I've tried starting with "Run as Administrator" -> Same thing
    I've disabled my Norton Internet Security and it still hangs.
    I've gone into the Windows system configuration and disabled all non Microsoft services from starting -> still hangs.

I've successfully installed and run an earlier version on another Windows 10 Pro computer. I just can't seem to get it going on this machine.

I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this not to start. Any ideas on how to get it going.

• Hi, check this thread (maybe you have the same problem)

• Beautiful!!! That solved the problem. Apparently the Welcome screen hangs.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.