Can't get FTP Connection

• Hello Community,
    I'm trying to upload a file to my FTP Server (Filezilla, running on localhost). But for some reason I don't get any connection. Neither do I get any errors by Qt. Here a code snippet:

void Upload::upload_video(){
        QString filename = "cut.mp4";
        QFile file(filename);
        QUrl uploadurl("ftp://localhost/cut.mp4");
        uploadurl.setUserName("user");
        uploadurl.setPassword("password");
        QNetworkRequest upload(uploadurl);
        QNetworkAccessManager *uploadman = new QNetworkAccessManager(this);
        uploadman->put(upload, &file);
        qDebug()<<"Done"<<endl;
    }

I have checked for errors aswell already, using this code:

connect(reply, &QNetworkReply::finished, this, &Upload::get_reply);
        connect(reply, SIGNAL(error(QNetworkReply::NetworkError)), SLOT(requestError(QNetworkReply::NetworkError)));
        //and
        void Upload::get_reply() {
            qDebug()<<"finished!!!";
        }

I don't get any connection tries in my FileZilla Server logs, but I don't get any errors either. I hope somebody can help me :(

Greets
    Steven

• I don't think this is how you do FTP. Seems like you are doing an HTTP put request

• @asanka424 Really? Then I'm confused. The normal QFtp Class was removed(or not tupported anymore) as far as I know and this is the only example on FTP that I could find. :( Sorry if I'm wrong. Could anyone show me an example for FTP then? Or link me a site that explains how to. On Google I only find examples that are like my code :S

Anyway, thanks for the answer :)

• Sorry I didn't see your URL.
    However are you assigning output of your put() to a network reply?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

QFtp for Qt 5 can be found here

• @SGaist Hey, thanks man! :) But I heard that it is pretty unsafe, is that true? :S And also, if I use it in one of my programs, can the user somehow read out the password? :o

• @SGaist
    I'm trying to get qftp running atm. I'm trying to build the qftp project, but I get the error

:-1: Fehler: Failed to run: perl -w C:\Qt\5.5\msvc2013\bin\syncqt.pl -module QtFtp -version 5.0.0 -outdir C:/Qtsrc/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.1/build-qtftp-Desktop_Qt_5_5_1_MSVC2013_32bit-Debug C:/Qtsrc/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.1/qtftp

So I googled it and found another thread where somebody had the same problem. He just installed perl and it worked for him. So I just installed perl aswell, but it's still not working. I heard that I need to add the Perl path somehwere or something but I'm not sure and even if I dont know how to. I hope you can help me :(

• Lifetime Qt Champion

If you want to make perl accessible system wide, then you have to modify the PATH environment variable.

As for safety, don't put a password inside your application code but that's valid for any service.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.