error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct QMetaObject const BUtils

• I have a small qt class BUtils with export definition. It is defined in one module BMesh(dll) and can be compiled in the module BMesh without issue in VIsual Studio. Then I use BUtils in another module(dll) TBase. I added qt libraries, BMesh.lib and include paths in the
    properties of module TBase. I started to recompile TBase and got the linking error:

.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct QMetaObject const BUtils::staticMetaObject

I have another static variable defined in BUtils and got the following error:
    .obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static bool BUtils::m_bStop"
    It seems only related to static definition. I have another nonstatic funcion and there is no error message to complains about
    that one. What is wrong? Thanks for your help

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Can you show how you exported your class ?

• ============================Global.h==========================

#ifndef GLOBAL_H
    #define GLOBAL_H

#  ifndef Global_EXPORT
    #  define Global_EXPORT __declspec( dllexport )
    #endif

===========================BUtils.h===========================

#ifndef BUtils_H
    #define BUtils_H

#include "Global.h"
    #include <QtCore/QObject>

class Global_EXPORT BUtils : public QObject
    {
        Q_OBJECT

public:
        static bool m_bStop;

void sendPercent( double percent );

signals:
        void emitPercent( double );
    };

#endif

===========================BUtils.cpp==================================

#include "BUtils.h"

bool BUtils::m_bStop = false;

void BUtils::sendPercent( double percent )
    {
        emit emitPercent( percent );
    }

[edit: Added missing coding tags SGaist]

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Ok, you only did half the work regarding symbol handling. There's exporting and importing symbols on Windows.

You can find a nice example on how to do that in the Creating Shared Libraries chapter of Qt's documentation

• Got it. Thanks a lot

Joe

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You're welcome !

Since you have it working now, please mark the thread as solved using the "Topic Tool" button so that other forum users may know a solution has been found :)

• Vielen Dank!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.