Nested QToolBar state restore not working

• Hi,

I have an application based on QMainWindow which has toolbars in it that the user can dock as they please.

I want to save and restore this state (along with some QDockWidgets) when the programme exits/starts.

Most of this I have working OK using the saveState/restoreState functions, but with one major problem.

If the user has more than one row of toolbars the restoreState function puts all the toolbars back in a single row, not in the multiple rows I started with and there doesn't appear to be any way of programmatically creating more than one row to fix it after the event.

Any ideas how I can get this working (short of throwing away all the QMainWindow functionality and writing my own)?

Thanks.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Did you give all your toolbars object names ?

• I thought I was, I'm allocating UUIDs for the names and then reasserting them when I recreate the toolbars.

I took a closer look after your response, turns out I had forgotten two that aren't optional for the user and it was these two stopping the others from correct placement.

Thanks very much, problem solved.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Glad you found !

Since you have it working now, please mark the thread as solved using the "Topic Tool" button so that other forum users may know a solution has been found :)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.