Include Files trouble

• Hey there,
    I recently started Programming with Qt creator and have a little trouble with the settings.
    I want to include <QCore> and <Qxml> but I get the error message, that the directory couldnt be found.
    So, actually I have a little experience with eclipse and I usually include the include file in the property of the project. Bur in this case I cant found such property. I tried to include via "add lib" by richt clicking the prohect, but it didnt work because I habe to put a Lib file there and I dont know which one.
    I think it is a little problem but huge for me as a beginner. Hope you can help me.
    Btw. What do work is e.g. <QCoreApplication>

Greetings
    Peter

• Qt Champions 2016

@pluxyy said:

<Qxml>

Hi and welcome

did you add the module to the pro file?
    QT += xml
    in .pro file?

Some includes depends on activation of the module in the project file.

• Thank you mrjj,
    yes I tried this one too, but it didn't help. Further I set the include path in the pro-File but it didnt help either.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

You got the name wrong, it's #include <QtCore> or #include <QtXml> in any case you really really should avoid using module wide includes. Why ? Because you are going to pull in every other header from the module which will slow down compilation because they will all be parsed.

As a good habit, you should only include what you use. Nothing more.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.