Mac - qt 5.5 - theme - how to run qtcreator command in terminal

• Hi all, I'm new to Qt and I have tried to set up a theme.
    I'm using Qt 5.5 for Mac OS X El Capitan.

So far it is partial set up, as the project explorer and console are keeping the original settings.

I tried this theme:
    https://github.com/mervick/Qt-Creator-Darcula

Yet a the phase "- And run qtcreator -color "#2b2b2b" -stylesheet /path/to/dracula.css" I am unable to do it.

I tried running it from terminal, but it states "-bash: qtcreator: command not found".

An example of how to give arguments to Qt start.. but I need specifics, as again I don't know where to give the arguments.
    Any help or links are much appreciated.

• @xCodez

Did you add the directory where the qtcreator binary is located to your path variable?
    What is the output of which qtcreator ?

If this returns nothing, then try to run it with
    /path/to/qtcreator -color "#2b2b2b" -stylesheet /path/to/dracula.css

• I really appreciate your time.

In terminal 'which qtcreator' returns nothing.
    I have copied the .css file in '.config/QtProject/qtcreator/styles'.

The issue is that I cannot find where/how to set arguments to Qt when it starts.
    I have a coupe of days through the Qt documentation and google-ing. I cannot provide screen shots here in the forum..

Should I change that in the .ini file? If so, then where I need to do it.

I'm not sure if I give the correct path here (it's dragged to the terminal so there are no spelling mistakes):

Hs-iMac:~ hibonda$ /Users/hibonda/Qt/QtCreator.app -color "#2b2b2b" -stylesheet /Users/hibonda/.config/QtProject/qtcreator/styles/dracula.css
    -bash: /Users/hibonda/Qt/QtCreator.app: is a directory

I am running the program from QtCreator.app, therefore I don't know what am I doing wrong here..

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

The path to the actually binary is Qt\ Creator.app/Contents/MacOS/Qt\ Creator

• Wow! that was the path! very accurate!

So for anyone else seeking for this :

/Users/yourName/Qt/QtCreator.app/Contents/MacOS/Qt\ Creator -color "#2b2b2b" -stylesheet /Users/yourName/.config/QtProject/qtcreator/styles/dracula.css

This is the correct path (to be run in terminal).

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Good

Since you have it working now, please mark the thread as solved using the "Topic Tool" button so that other forum users may know a solution has been found :)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.