Multilingual help in my Qt app
Hi everyone. I have some trouble with help system in my qt app.
I want to write help system for my app. At first, it will be a multilingual help system. At second, i want to use Qt Assistant to show my help.
I read in the Internet, that i must at first make a html document with my help and after that i must transform it to some standard type for using it in qt assistant. And in this step i have some question :
- What is the easiest way to make html document with help ?
- How i can create a multilingual help system with Qt? Can I make separate html-docs for every language and after that switch between these dosuments in Qt Assistant? How Does it work?
- What is the easiest way to create multilingual help system with Qt?
- What is the better idea for my help : use Qt Assitant to show it or use a custom HelpBrowser(based on QTextBrowser). My app is not very large.
Sorry for my poor English. Thanks!
You can start with Using Qt Assistant as a Custom Help Viewer. It explains how to create your own help system with the help of Qt Assistant.
@SGaist thanks for refernece, but I read it already and i have some difficulties with it :
- Generating .qhp and .qhcp files - i must generate it by hand. And it's not good way, i think.
- After that i want to translate my help system into other language - i solved that problem with other application, but i want solve it with Qt. How?
- And after that my help i will integrate in Qt Assistant. But i can't imagine, how integrate multilingual help in the Qt Assistant.
I have the same problem and I'm really thinking to write a own program to manage multilingual html help.
@mrdebug do u know about any way to generate .qhp file automatically?
Sorry but not. I don't know so much qt assistant but seems to be a nice tool to generate source documentation instead of program manual.
This fellow made a py script to auto create qhp files.
Not from HTML though.
My problem is to write multilingual documentation for a program. The format is not so important, important is to manage the documentation in all platforms.
Can you suggest me a free tool?
You mean for the creation of the files or
what do you mean with
"manage the documentation in all platforms"
I just use word and have 1 doc for each language.
Not fancy and also looking for better way as its hard to keep track
of status of the various languages when new text is added.