collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

• HI,
    I have using qt4.8.4 and GNUWIN32 compiler , when ever i try running make i encounter following error on my windows system.

D:\QT\test>qmake -project

D:\QT\test>qmake test.pro

D:\QT\test>make
    make -f Makefile.Debug
    make[1]: Entering directory D:/QT/test' g++ -c -pipe -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -g -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -Wextra -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_SSE tCore" -I"c:\Qt\4.8.4\include\QtGui" -I"c:\Qt\4.8.4\include" -I"." -I"c:\Qt\4.8.4\include\ActiveQt" -I"debug" -I"c:\Qt\4.8.4\mkspecs\default" -o debug\test.o test.cpp g++ -mthreads -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o debug\test.exe debug/test.o -L"c:\Qt\4.8.4\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -lQtGuid4 -lQtCored4 debug/test.o: In functionmain':
    D:\QT\test/test.cpp:5: undefined reference to _imp___ZN12QApplicationC1ERiPPci' D:\QT\test/test.cpp:6: undefined reference to_imp___ZN6QLabelC1ERK7QStringP7QWidget6QFlagsIN2Qt10WindowTypeEE'
    D:\QT\test/test.cpp:8: undefined reference to _imp___ZN12QApplication4execEv' D:\QT\test/test.cpp:8: undefined reference to_imp___ZN12QApplicationD1Ev'
    D:\QT\test/test.cpp:8: undefined reference to _imp___ZN12QApplicationD1Ev' debug/test.o: In functionZN7QStringC1EPKc':
    c:/Qt/4.8.4/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qstring.h:419: undefined reference to _imp___ZN7QString16fromAscii_helperEPKci' debug/test.o: In functionZN7QStringD1Ev':
    c:/Qt/4.8.4/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qstring.h:880: undefined reference to _imp___ZN7QString4freeEPNS_4DataE' collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [debug\test.exe] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directoryD:/QT/test'
    make: *** [debug] Error 2

• Qt Champions 2016

Hello,
    Are your qmake and Qt libraries compiled with the same comiler? If not this is the reason you get the undefined references. MSVS and mingw use different decorations and are not binary compatible.

Kind regards.

• @kshegunov is there any reference documentation where in qt installation on windows 7 is present.

• Qt Champions 2016

@babravahan
    Just look up what you've installed in the "Qt maintenance tool", there are a few checkboxes for different versions/compilers, look at what you've checked. Or try to get that from qmake, running qmake -v should give you the Qt version and the compiler used.

Kind regards.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.