Qt 5 XCB tearing

• I am running Qt 5.4.3 on a Tegra 3 with a Yocto compiled Angstrom image. Unfortunately the Tegra only has proprietary drivers and they are forcing me to use X11 for hardware acceleration. I therefore had to build Qt with XCB instead of EGLFS.

My problem is that I am seeing tearing on some QML 2 animations on the device that are not visible on my PC. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to try and get rid of this tearing? I have read that QT_QPA_EGLFS_FORCEVSYNC might help but unfortunately I can't use EGLFS and doubt if it will be of any use.

I have noticed that "QSGContext::initialize: stencil buffer support missing, expect rendering errors" as well as "Qt Warning: Could not find a location of the system's Compose files. Consider setting the QTCOMPOSE environment variable." come up when the application is started. Could they be related to the problem?

• I had the same problem when using X11. I was only able to rid myself of the tearing after switching to eglfs and double buffering. AFAIK, there is no option in X11 to enable vsync or double buffer.

• @justin1122 Thanks, but for some reason it seems like the QtCinematicExperience does not have that problem.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.