QFileDialog::getOpenFileName linux doesn't work

• Hello
    I have a problem using QFileDialog::getOpenFileName and it does the same for QFileDialog in general.

I have linux ubuntu 12.04 64 bits, Qt Creator 2.4.1 , Qt 4.8.0 (64 bit).

I have a simple code with one button:

void MainWindow::on_pushButton_3_clicked()
    {

QString cheminFichier = QFileDialog::getOpenFileName(this, "Ouvrir un fichier", QString(), "Text file (*.txt)",0,QFileDialog::DontResolveSymlinks|QFileDialog::DontUseNativeDialog|QFileDialog::DontUseSheet );

}

There are no errors in compilation , no crashes , but when I press the button , nothing happens. I tried with other QFileDialog function and it doesn't work also.

(When I try to use QFileDialog on windows 7 64 bit , QT crashes during compilation)

Could you help me to solve this , to open FileDialog window on linux ? Maybe there are other solutions.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

The question might be silly but: are you sure that this slot is called ?

You should also consider updating your Qt version, the latest (and last) version of Qt 4 is 4.8.7.

What version of Qt are you using on Windows ? What do you mean by crash during compilation ?

• Problem solved , thanks to your silly question :p

In deed the slot wasn't called because before I probably put an other button that I deleted with the same name .
    So I changed name here and deleted the previous switch case of the previous button in "moc_mainwindow.cpp".

On windows I have Qt5.5 and I meant that Qt is frozen. Probably with the right file now it won't do anymore.

• Moderators

@bejard You should never edit moc_*.cpp files, they are generated during compilation!
    What do you mean by "Qt is frozen"? Do you mean QtCreator is frozen? Qt is a framework, it cannot be frozen during compilation.

• @jsulm yes but as I deleted in wrong way the previous button I had still it in this file and it did some errors ^^ now it works I saved it.
    I meant QtCreator yes : loading loading loading at middle of compilation ...then "not responding"
    Forced to kill the task

• Moderators

Instead of editing the moc file you can just rebuild you project completely (you can delete the build folder before you rebuild).

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.