Installing QT5 on raspberrypi

• Hello everyone,

I want to install Qt5 on my "RaspberryPi", using "armv6l"- (linux, debian).

I used the terminal and install Qt with the following comand: "sudo apt-get install build-essential libgl1-mesa-dev" and it runs.
    My first question is, do I now have installed the whole qt library? I can't find it on my disc.

And my second question is, how can I install the qt creator? Is there a apt-get-comand like above??
    I allready try it with the installer: " Qt 5.5.1 for Linux 32-bit or 64-bit" and "Qt Creator 3.5.1 for Linux/X11 32-bit or 64-bit", but I just get an error "bash .... cannot execute binary file".

Thanks for your time and answers.

with greedings Jeff

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

You have two options to get Qt 5 on the Raspberry Pi:

1. Cross-compile it
    2. Build it natively

The failure you get with the installers is because they are built for x86 and x86_64

• administrators

@Jeff_T69
    Debian has prebuilt Qt5 (5.3.2 in the raspbian version, so it's a bit behind in versions) packages available. I'm not a debian user, but I think the package to install is libqt5.

I have no idea how well QtCreator will run on a RaspberryPi, but you certainly can try. (normally people cross compile on their PCs) The package is qtcreator in debian, so try apt-get with that.

However if you really want to learn things, go with what @SGaist suggest, and cross compile the latest Qt on your PC.

• Thank you for your fast reply.
    You are right, I see the problem.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.