Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QString - Removing non-alphanumeric chars

• I am using this function to remove non-alphanumeric from a QString. I use this function before saving to a file on the OS, I need this since theses char are not permitted by the OS for a filename.

With this function (code under), The compiler is giving me warning that I would like to fix:
    warning: C4129: '[' : unrecognized character escape sequence
    warning: C4129: ']' : unrecognized character escape sequence

Or maybe there is a function like this that already exists in QString or QFile?
    Thank you!

QString Util::cleanQString(QString toClean) {  
        QString toReturn = toClean;
        toReturn.remove(QRegExp(QString::fromUtf8("[-`~!@#$%^&*()_—+=|:;<>«»,.?/{}\'\"\\[\\]\\\]")));
        return toReturn;
    }

• @maximus You don't directly escape the "[" and "]", so "\[", not "\\[". The pattern string you want to use is "[-`~!@#$%^&*()_—+=|:;<>«»,.?/{}\'\"\[\]\\\]".

• Thanks you, that fixed the error.
    QRegex are always like writting chinese to me

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

If I may, you should change for QRegularExpression (the regexp itself doesn't change). It has better performances.

To help you build your regex, there's the regex example that you can use that provides a good starting point to write them.

For QRegularExpression, you need to get the 5.6 sources to get the equivalent helper program.